As a reminder of the remembrance activities of the 3rd anniversary of the BCS Cluster, we invite you to know that in 2018 the Ecotechnology and Bioenergy Innovation Building was inaugurated, which houses the ClusterBCS and the Ecotechnology Unit. With an investment of 40MM pesos and 1,800m2 of construction, the property has an office and service area for both students and researchers, 5 laboratories: the Biodiesel and Water Laboratory, the Biomass Stove Innovation and Evaluation Laboratory ( LINEB), the Rural Technology and Innovation Laboratory, the Design, Modeling and Simulation Laboratory (LDMS), and the Ecotechnology Housing Laboratory (VALE) and three working groups: Biofuel Sustainability Analysis, Biomass Resources Analysis and Ecotechnology Analysis. There is also a pilot plant for the production of biodiesel, and an area for measuring and weighing air pollutants. In coordination with the Interdisciplinary Group of Appropriate Rural Technology (GIRA A.C.), a Field Laboratory and Extension Center will also be operated in Tzetzénguaro, Municipality of Pátzcuaro, Mich. in which activities of ecotechnological innovation are carried out and modern biofuels such as pellets, chips and briquettes will be manufactured.
- In memoriam: Kirk R. Smith (1947-2020)
- Energy Transition and Thermal Quality in Rural Housing: the case of the Northwest of Argentine Patagonia
- Professor Omar Masera awarded Cheney Fellowship by University of Leeds
- BIOMASS: MUCH MORE THAN ENERGY
- Strategic planning for the use of pellets biomass waste in Mexican thermoelectric plants