With only 10 years left to reach Sustainable Development Goal 7, which calls for ensuring “access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all”, including universal access to clean cooking, an estimated two billion people are in danger of being left behind.
The Pathways to Clean Cooking 2050: Leaving No-one Behind conference will explore recent advances and probe continuing challenges. It proposes to focus attention on reaching the furthest behind first, with topics such as:
- Households and settings
- Evaluating pathways to modern, sustainable cooking energy systems
- Impact-based finance for cleaner cooking
- Modern, clean, sustainable bio-energy in a low-income country context
- Policy options for a just transition to modern, sustainable cooking energy systems
- Transitional and hybrid multiple fuel-device cooking systems
Organisers: Microsol, Samuchit, IFGH, RCSI, Hestian, IIES – UNAM, Solid Biofuels Cluster, EnAct, , EnDev, Ryan Institute.
You can follow Conference Live on Zoom by clicking the links that show HERE: http://www.pathways2cleancooking.info/wexford-2019.html