We have these service units in relation to biomass innovation and support for the energy transition
Biomass Supply Estimate
- Development of apps to capture data about the demand for solid biomass, such as: web platform for decision makers and academic uses.
- Repository of spatialized and updated databases of different biomass resources..
- Of the demand of solid biomass local and national level.
- As well as by specific sectors (residential, industrial).
- Of the socio-environmental impacts of the use of biomass.
- Of the logistics costs for different biomass resources.
- Location of plants for transformation and use of biomass.
Physical and Mechanical Properties of SBF
- basic density
- apparent density
Chemical and Calorific Properties of SBF
- Immediate or proximal biomass analysis: Tests of in-situ moisture content, volatile material, ash content, fixed carbon and calorific value.
- Immediate or proximal and calorific analysis in charcoal: tests of moisture content, volatile material, ash content, fixed carbon and calorific value.
- Chemical composition of biomass: tests of holocellulose content, tests of lignin content insoluble in acid in wood and content of extracts.
- Analysis of major elements in biomass: Ca, Mg, Fe, Cu and Zn tests
Design, Modeling and Simulation Laboratory
- Computer-aided design (CAD) of parts, devices and mechanical systems.
- Estimation of thermal efficiency of mechanical devices using modeling and simulation tools.
- Estimation of combustion and emission efficiencies of some contaminants in biomass stoves.
- Modeling and simulation of flow dynamics in mechanical devices and systems.
- Infrastructure rental for high performance computing.
- Basic course of computer-aided design (CAD). Focused on parts and some mechanical devices.
- Modeling and simulation course of transport phenomena using free and commercial software tools.
LINEB: Laboratory of Innovation and Evaluation of Biomass Stoves.
Biomass Stove Evaluation Service:
- Water Boiling Test
- Controlled Cooking Test
- Durability Test
- Security Test
- Temperature Profile Test
- Atmosphere: PM 2.5, SO2, Nox, CO2, CO, O2, CH4, THNM, EC, OC, BC.
- Health: CO, 5
- Elemental Composition (C, H, N, S)
- Calorific Power (PCI, PCS)
Cooking device monitoring in rural sector:
- Energy consumption